There are many instances in life where your confidence is hit hard. Sometimes you overcome life’s hardness, sometimes you get overwhelmed. Sometimes your courage and confidence sees you through, but sometimes your self-confidence gets a beating. In this case you have to regain self confidence as fast as possible.
I had this kind of experience a couple of years ago, when a professional setback got me K.O. and led me almost to depression.
As I stated in previous posts, without self confidence you go nowhere. Can you afford to lose your self confidence when you have a very big problem and find yourself without energy, options and time?
Of course not. You want to show yourself, your family and your friends that nothing will stop you. You want them be proud of you. You want yourself be proud of you.
So, what I did to regain self confidence in 2 weeks?
First, remember that “Nobody can hurt you without your consent.” The problem is not as important as the impact it had on you, rather the impact that YOU let the problem create on you. In life pain is inevitable but suffering is optional, as the saying goes. It’s purely your choice, and whether you choose to bounce back or suffer is entirely your prerogative.
There’s definitely a lot of pain involved in any of the situations. But you don’t necessarily have to suffer. You must arise and resolve to get back your confidence.
This means a mindset shift is necessary to regain self confidence. You have to:
- Stop comparing yourself with other people
Comparing with other people’s apparent comfort with your suffering will only frustrate you further. You don’t know if others life is really better than yours. You don’t know their personal life. Maybe they have a fantastic professional life but have serious health issues. Stop comparing and you’ll recover essential personal resources for your life and start to regain self confidence.
- Stop complaining
Stop complaining. Complaining will kill your resources. Instead of indulging in self-pity, take control of your life and take responsibility for your actions. Choose to respond, instead of react. Choose your response and start building your life. Choose your response and you’ll start regain self confidence.
- Look at the brighter side
If you have been laid off, it would be okay to feel bad about it for a day or two but not more than that. Any loss is a terrible thing, but you can survive it and go ahead. Take some time to review your life, get aware of where you are going, have more care of yourself. Restart with your life a new way that is more in harmony with your abilities and aptitude. Now you have a chance to rebuild this part of your life the way you want it to be.
- Understand the true power of “NO”.
A “NO” is something that even greats like Edison and Ford, too, had to face. If you look at them positively, you will find that each “NO” actually takes you closer to a “YES”, because it will teach you another way things are not working. Edison failed thousands time before having a working electric bulb. Learning means simply repeating yourself the question: “What could I have done differently to get better results?”… Until you get at least an answer. You can learn from your mistakes, and this is a great way to regain self confidence.
- Stand in your own way
You will notice that shadows are caused when we stand in the path of sunshine. In our lives, too, we cause many shadows by standing in the way of our own happiness. Setbacks are part of our path. They’re part of the price to pay to reach your goals. The higher the goals, the greater the learning you need, the greater the failures you’ll experience. Stand in your own way whatever it takes.
- Be flexible
You must be flexible. When you are fighting for you goals, accepting temporarily a less-than-optimal solution will help you more than running just for long-term goals. It helps regain confidence quickly which brings along enough energy to get an even better job in the field of your choice! Be flexible and set a shorter term, smaller goal you think you can achieve. Achieve a smaller goal and start to regain self confidence.
Activating a new mindset in two weeks with affirmations for self confidence
These are very sensible points, but after a setback, a tremendous amount of energy is required to apply them the proper way.
Mindset conditioning can be done very effectively with affirmations, but you have to use them the proper way.
And building self confidence is nothing more than acquiring a self confidence mindset. So affirmations for self confidence are a natural solution. Therefore, it’s not a surprise I looked for an affirmation program able to support me in regaining my confidence.
I had more than one experience for this kind of programs, and finally I stopped at the Affirm-a-life Masterclass program. This is a set of 15 audios in a variety of life areas and a goldmine for affirmations for self confidence. It will help you to reprogram you mind in a more constructive way and help you to regain self confidence.
Against other similar programs, this one has a few major advantages that are essential for proper mindset training:
- Each audio is just 5 minutes long – so it takes you very short time – no reason for not listening to a chosen audio every day
- The affirmations are very smartly crafted: not obvious positive affirmations, but thought-provoking ones – this is very very important: sometimes when you get the deep meaning of a few of these affirmations, you have a major breakthrough on the blocks there were standing on your path.
- After each affirmations there is enough time to repeat it in your mind and visualize it
- Affirmations are well covered and correlated between audios, so if you listen to more than one audio, this will produce a reinforcing effect.
I’ve found that three of these 15 audios are especially well-suited to help me regain self confidence: “letting go of the past”, “affirmative self assurance”, and “personal power”.
My secret protocol to regain self confidence in two weeks
To be honest, I didn’t do simply the “listen to any audio of your choice” approach, but I took a more serious commitment
This was my two weeks secret protocol and is what I did each and every day:
- Load all the audios to my smartphone – this is done of course only once
- Once in the morning I alternated listening to the “letting go” and “personal power” audio; very well crafted, very effective
- Once in the evening I alternated listening to the “affirmative self assurance” and “letting go” audio; also I found the “deep relaxation” audio very effective to handle negative emotions
- Also, every day I walked for at least one hour (this was usually broken in two half an hour walks).
- During the walk, listen to the Affirm-A-Life audios randomly (using the random play function of the player)
- During the listening (morning, evening, walking), for each affirmation I did my best to visualize it happening in some way; sometimes this required a lot of creativity… I just visualized the affirmation without repeating it aloud or in my mind.
- Keep exercising the new behaviours (points 1-6 before or similar approaches; it will become easier every day, as long as you practice the affirmations this way)
Remember that active visualization of thought provoking affirmations is the key to retrain your mind. I personally didn’t find passive listening so effective, and experienced a real difference when I actively visualized.
I experienced resistance on many topics as I described in my previous posts but finally resistance ceased and things went better. The random play of all the audios was very effective for me, sometime an affirmation locked in and I understood an issue apparently unrelated to that audio – you never know where the real blocks exactly are…
The Affirm-a-life program did a good job with me. It helped me on all the above 6 points. Enabled me to understand what I did wrong with other failed goals I had in the past. It helped me to retrain my mind to a more useful mindset. To accept things much more. Have back that part of my life. Regain self confidence.
There are also other good audios that can help you in many areas of your life. I’ve found very effective: “the gratitude miracle”, “endless energy levels”, “the goal getter”, “health and wellness”.
I suggest you to give a fair try, using my secret protocol. There is no real risk, as the program comes with a 60 days 100% money back guarantee.
Check this amazing video in the Affirm-a-life website, about the true power of real self confidence.